CICS Loomis-Longwood provides students with the necessary tools and skills needed to develop superior levels of achievement. We strive for academic, social and physical excellence by providing a quality and challenging curriculum. We promote positive moral and social values, foster an atmosphere of self-discipline in a safe learning environment, and maximize individual productivity to meet the needs of a changing global society.
CICS Loomis-Longwood is now accepting applications for grades K-12 for the 2023-2024 school year.
Apply Online, by fax or e-mail
Download and complete one application (elementary or high school) per student. If you mailed your application, we recommend that you call our Enrollment Department a week after mailing to confirm its receipt. If you faxed your application, please call 15 minutes after it was faxed to confirm its receipt.
Click here for online student application Click Here for High School 10th-12th Application
For 9th Graders, you will need to apply at the following website https://go.cps.edu/
Chicago International Charter School 11 E. Adams St., Suite 600 Chicago, IL 60603
Enrollment Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
SY24 Enrollment and Lottery Policy
CICS is a charter school network with multiple campuses. In accordance with Illinois Charter Law enrollment is open to all students, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status, or disability status residing in the City of Chicago.
To enroll in a CICS campus, the parent/guardian must complete a CICS elementary school or high school 10th-12th application for their child/student.
To apply for 9th grade, CICS follows the GoCPS application process through CPS. To apply to CICS, the applicant must reside in the city of Chicago. If applying for kindergarten, students must be 5 years old by September 1st. Parents/Guardians must complete the application and rank the campuses in order of preference. For more information on the lottery process, click here.
SY22 Virtual Academy Application
Does my student qualify for the Virtual Academy? What does medically fragile mean?
CICS shares the Chicago Public School (CPS) definition of medically fragile students.
Students who are Medically Fragile may display the following characteristics in addition to one of the defined Medically Fragile conditions below:
- Are frequently absent from school, and their absences are directly related to their severe or life-threatening physical condition.
- Qualify for special education in one of the existing categories of disability or are considered disabled under Section 504.
- A Licensed physician/advanced practice registered nurse has provided documentation that an associated or accompanying chronic illness is so severe as to affect the student's school attendance.
- A medically fragile student is one whose illness and treatment frequently places him/her in extreme, precarious or life threatening circumstances. In addition, he/she may be technology-dependent for life support systems, i.e., tracheotomy, gastrostomy, etc.
In order to apply for the Virtual Academy, the following must be completed:
- Students who meet the medical fragility requirements and want to enroll in the virtual academy may apply by having a licensed medical provider [Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Physician Assistant (PA) or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)] submit the COVID-19 Health Eligibility form.
- Forms (including this application) should be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 312-651-5001 to the attention of Virtual Enrollment.